Four Directors Elected At Levingston Industries
Edward E. Paden, president of Levingston Industries, Inc., announced the election recently of Jesse M. Calhoon, Jim I. Graves, Ned J. Marandino, and Rear Adm. Charles N. Payne, USN (ret.) to the board of directors of Levingston Industries, Inc., a Texas-based corporation.
Major operating units and subsidiaries of the corporation are: Levingston Shipbuilding Company of Orange, Texas; Texas Gulfport Shipbuilding Company, located in Port Arthur, Texas; Levingston-Armadillo of Tyler, Texas; Levingston Industrial Products, located in Woodville, Texas; and Levingston Marine, an engineering company located in Annapolis, Md.
Mr. Calhoon, president of the Marine Engineers' Beneficial Association (AFL/CIO) since 1963, also serves as president of District No. 1-Pacific Coast, and chairman of the board of trustees for the MEBA Pension Fund. Mr. Calhoon joined MEBA in 1944 when he received his third engineer's license. After 11 years as a seagoing engineer, he was elected business manager for MEBA's Norfolk Local in 1955 and national secretarytreasurer in 1958, which post he held until his election as president.
Mr. Graves is a practicing attorney in Orange, recently merging his firm of Graves and Smith with Mehaffy, Weber, Keith and Gonsoulin. He graduated from Southern Methodist University Law School in 1961 with a J.D. degree, and moved to Orange to begin practicing law. He is active in civic af- fairs, serving as a leader in many areas of importance.
Mr. Marandino was president of Ingalls Shipbuilding and a senior vice president of Litton Industries from 1969 until his retirement in 1976. Since then he has worked as a consultant for several companies in the shipbuilding and defense industries. Prior to joining Ingalls he was vice president of operations at Litton's Guidance and Control Division from 1964 to 1969, and had previously spent 10 years with Lockheed's Missiles and Space Division, in a number of managerial positions.
Admiral Payne was president of the Webb Institute of Naval Architecture from 1974 to his retirement last year. He retired from active duty, U.S. Navy, in 1974 as supervisor of shipbuilding at Pascagoula, Miss. In his previous assignments in the Navy he was Commander of the Charleston Naval Shipyard; Comptroller, Bureau of Ships, and Ship Maintenance Officer, U.S. Atlantic Fleet, following seven years of shipboard duty and 12 years of ship design and construction experience.